Thursday, January 12, 2012

Growing Pains

I cant believe we are in the middle of January.  It seems like yesterday that I was celebrating a wonderful holiday time with my family.  I was at a house today that still had a Christmas tree up and it brought back good memories of the past holiday season that I will have for a lifetime.

But life moves on with every second that ticks away, and I am in full swing with my new position in the Chicago area.  Change and fear seem to be the words that are most commonly heard around the office these days.  And I understand.  Some of our team members have doubts about their new responsibilities. Others are overwhelmed by a fear of failure.  Still others have become content to stay where they are and have lost sight of our purpose and passion and the direction that we should be heading.

I know these feelings are natural and, to some degree, to be expected.  But I also have had the opportunity to work with our Exec Team to work on a Forecast and Budgetary Plans for 2012.  And I can't wait to get things in place, to get the right people in the right places, and to start to work our plan.  For me, it is incredibly exciting and energizing to think about the future, and to dream and plan.

To plan and to create a vision for our team is the right thing to do.  Even God Himself says to plan and create a vision.  In the Old Testament, God says:

Then the Lord answered me and said;
Write the vision
And make it plain upon tablets,
That he may run that readeth it.

Within a few weeks, our company will look and feel differently.  Our Exec team is changing the ORG chart, policies, procedures, and even our culture and environment.  And we are running hard right now.
It is amazing the energy that it takes to get us to the next level.  I think it is easy to underestimate how much it can take out of you to get to the next destination.

And I have to keep reminding myself to stop and "smell the roses" because the journey is the thing that will be etched in our minds years from now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get after it bro.
~PJ

Popular Posts