Last year was a good experiment for me in regards to blogging. I enjoyed writing and chronicling my thoughts and observations. It was especially therapeutic for me while I was alone at the camper.
But I am beginning to change my focus in several aspects of my life and I won't be attempting to write everyday in 2012. I have my hands full at work and my brain is sometimes in "overdrive" at the end of a night and I can't seem to put together a coherent sentence. Also, some of my blogs last year were simply "fillers". Honestly, I thought they were lame. Sometimes it takes me a day or two to formulate a thought that is worthy of my time to write and your time to read.
Full-time bloggers will tell you that blogging needs to take place once or twice daily to gain and keep an audience. But, the number of followers I have reading my blog is not my goal. I want to continue to write but I am only going to write 2 or 3 times per week. Instead, I have a goal to complete a book about my granddad this year. His life is fascinating to me and when I tell others about his adventures and his journey, people seem to be amazed. And I want people to know how extraordinary he is.
So, I would love you to continue reading this blog and staying in touch. I recommend becoming an "official" follower of my blog by signing up on the right hand side of this page. When you do, you will automatically receive my blog via e-mail.
Here's to your best year yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have never met Jacob Brewer and I probably never will. But we are loosely and distantly connected. A few weeks ago, Jacob got to ski on ...
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
On Friday, I drove down to my parent's house to visit. The drive down is a drive that I used to take 30+ years ago and one that I used ...
-
Turn on the radio or the television and you are almost assured of getting a little depressed. Things are not exactly easy right now. The ec...
-
I have lived through the real estate bubble, the dot.com technology bubble, and the stock market bubble. I am now convinced that the Keynes...
-
This morning I woke up, took a shower, walked to the family room and sat in my favorite leather chair. The morning was calm and peaceful. ...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
-
Following are the first few paragraphs of the introduction of a book that I am trying to write about my grandfather. Whether or not the boo...
-
On 9/9/11, I posted a blog titled, " The Greatest Speech in the History of Mankind". It was a blog that I wrote while listening ...
-
At the request of my wife, I have not written a "political" blog for a few days. But I can't stay quiet any longer. Listenin...
No comments:
Post a Comment