Thursday, November 8, 2012

Blogging Again

Hey, I'm back!! 

I have missed blogging for the past year.  I have missed putting my thoughts in writing and clearing my mind through that process.  But, I took a break because I needed to.  I changed jobs, moved to another state, sent my youngest to college, experienced a scare with my Granddad, witnessed the changing of America through a recent election, and am trying to change the culture, the attitude, and the daily operations of a 34 year old company.  And while I know that many of these experiences would have made for interesting blogs, I needed time to process, think, regroup, and fall asleep early from exhaustion!

The year before I wrote nearly every day.  I don't think I will do that again.  However, I will write 3-4 times a week.  I am also going to start blogging for my company, Showalter Roofing, Inc.  I hope to post written and video blogs on that site so I will pass that info along as I get rolling with that project.

So, let me tell you what is on my mind that I might be blogging about soon:

  • I am growing a mustache for "Movember".  I look really stupid and don't grow facial hair very well.  However, Movember is a prostate cancer awareness campaign and that issue is very near and dear to my heart.
  • I want a puppy.  But my other "puppies" must go to puppy heaven before I do such a stupid thing.  Maybe writing about it will bring me to my senses.
  • Family is so important.  I sometimes wish that America and the world would experience a monumental crisis to force families to have to live and work together again to simply get back to the importance of family (but I want the crisis to last only 6 months)
  • I hear about "girls night out" all the time so why don't we have more "guy" times.  I am glad to be a guy and want to do more "guy" things!!
  • How has America changed since my childhood and my opinion of why it has changed.
  • Stupid things people say and post on FB and why I am finally deleting them.
  • What does it mean to live a meaningful life?
  • Leadership
  • Is Siri your best friend?
  • Work Hard, Nap Hard - Mow a little grass, sip a little tea, take a little nap
  • Christmas- Is it the best time of the year?
  • What I am learning from Willie, Phil, and Si
  • I want to hunt and why
Round two begins NOW!




No comments:

Popular Posts