From the time I woke up this morning until the moment that I write this blog, I have heard countless soundbites of Obama proclaiming what a victory the new unemployment numbers are that were released today. 103,000 new jobs were added in the month of December and the unemployment rate went from 9.8% to 9.4%. Just a "little" less than the 300,000 jobs the "experts" predicted. I have been trained by this Administration not to believe a word they say, so I thought I would check for myself and see what the real story is.
In a Bloomberg article today, written by Scott Lanman, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke stated that, "If we continue at this pace (growth), we are not going to see sustained declines in the unemployment rate". Ironically, the article also points out that the unemployment percentages dropped due to "fewer people in the labor force". In other words, people have given up. They have stopped looking for jobs and have fallen off the charts. Very encouraging indeed Obama.
One last point that was made in the article that I believe is noteworthy. Bernanke said, "It could take four or five more years for the job market to stabilize fully". Four to five years? Really? What happened to Obama's promises of 8% unemployment within two years? Estimated costs of $14.85 TRILLION (John R. Talbott, The Huffington Post, October 1st, 2010) for bailouts and we all we still get from Obama is that things are looking up and blame still being put on the previous Administration.
Please people, learn to think for yourselves and find out what the real story is when you hear the press spouting things that intuitively seem wrong... and please, please, please do not elect this man to the presidency for a second term.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have never met Jacob Brewer and I probably never will. But we are loosely and distantly connected. A few weeks ago, Jacob got to ski on ...
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
On Friday, I drove down to my parent's house to visit. The drive down is a drive that I used to take 30+ years ago and one that I used ...
-
Turn on the radio or the television and you are almost assured of getting a little depressed. Things are not exactly easy right now. The ec...
-
This morning I woke up, took a shower, walked to the family room and sat in my favorite leather chair. The morning was calm and peaceful. ...
-
I have lived through the real estate bubble, the dot.com technology bubble, and the stock market bubble. I am now convinced that the Keynes...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
-
Following are the first few paragraphs of the introduction of a book that I am trying to write about my grandfather. Whether or not the boo...
-
On 9/9/11, I posted a blog titled, " The Greatest Speech in the History of Mankind". It was a blog that I wrote while listening ...
-
At the request of my wife, I have not written a "political" blog for a few days. But I can't stay quiet any longer. Listenin...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(329)
-
▼
January
(26)
- Secretariat and Joshy
- Choices in Moments in Time
- I am FAT
- Random Thoughts for the Week
- Heather Miller
- 650 Days
- The Strong Man
- My boys, Frodo and Sam
- Rides with Grandpa
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
- My Prayer
- Just an ordinary day
- Josiah's Son
- I miss Ronnie
- The Sales Farmer
- Starry, Starry Night
- Outliers
- Hero
- Arizona vs. New York
- Elvis Lives
- The REAL Unemployment Headlines
- Jumpin on the bandwagon
- Zero Regrets
- The "Blue"Grass State
- Dick Proenneke
- Happy New Year!
-
▼
January
(26)
No comments:
Post a Comment