Thursday, December 1, 2011
Guest Blog from my Nephew Sam
From Sam Showalter:
last sunday we got a lopsopso puppy his name is grizzle and he is 4 months old we adopted him at pent land .Sam and Shawn are starting to partice track sam did it lat year and he did the 200 what is awsome.Sam is going to smoke Shawn at state thanks for reading this
So there you have it. The simplicity, directness, and honesty from a youngster. I like Sam's blog. No pretense. No pretending with big fancy words and perfect grammar. Just sharing what is on his heart.
Things lately have been stressful at work. We have been planning and thinking and forecasting and working through issues. And sometimes it is nice to just view the world through a child's eyes. Sam isn't concerned about getting the right people in the right places, he isn't worried about growing a company, he isn't talking about leadership. Sam is just being Sam and enjoying life as it comes.
Thanks for the lesson Sam. You're the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have never met Jacob Brewer and I probably never will. But we are loosely and distantly connected. A few weeks ago, Jacob got to ski on ...
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
This morning I woke up, took a shower, walked to the family room and sat in my favorite leather chair. The morning was calm and peaceful. ...
-
On Friday, I drove down to my parent's house to visit. The drive down is a drive that I used to take 30+ years ago and one that I used ...
-
Turn on the radio or the television and you are almost assured of getting a little depressed. Things are not exactly easy right now. The ec...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
-
I have lived through the real estate bubble, the dot.com technology bubble, and the stock market bubble. I am now convinced that the Keynes...
-
Last night, I was able to have some dialogue with a total stranger on FaceBook. I enjoyed it. We both had differing opinions but our conver...
-
Following are the first few paragraphs of the introduction of a book that I am trying to write about my grandfather. Whether or not the boo...
-
On 9/9/11, I posted a blog titled, " The Greatest Speech in the History of Mankind". It was a blog that I wrote while listening ...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(329)
-
▼
December
(16)
- Early Christmas Morning
- The Power of Vulnerability
- My Weekend at Home
- A Trip Home
- Ryan Pittman -"We Are All The Same"
- Exhausted and Exhilarated
- Musical Christmas Memories
- Changing Me
- A Special Canadian Christmas
- The Great Secrets of Warren Buffet Revealed!!
- My December Prayer
- St. Nicholas Day
- A Good Lesson from an Unlikely Source
- My Favorite Christmas Carol
- A Walk Through the Woods
- Guest Blog from my Nephew Sam
-
▼
December
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment