I cant believe we are in the middle of January. It seems like yesterday that I was celebrating a wonderful holiday time with my family. I was at a house today that still had a Christmas tree up and it brought back good memories of the past holiday season that I will have for a lifetime.
But life moves on with every second that ticks away, and I am in full swing with my new position in the Chicago area. Change and fear seem to be the words that are most commonly heard around the office these days. And I understand. Some of our team members have doubts about their new responsibilities. Others are overwhelmed by a fear of failure. Still others have become content to stay where they are and have lost sight of our purpose and passion and the direction that we should be heading.
I know these feelings are natural and, to some degree, to be expected. But I also have had the opportunity to work with our Exec Team to work on a Forecast and Budgetary Plans for 2012. And I can't wait to get things in place, to get the right people in the right places, and to start to work our plan. For me, it is incredibly exciting and energizing to think about the future, and to dream and plan.
To plan and to create a vision for our team is the right thing to do. Even God Himself says to plan and create a vision. In the Old Testament, God says:
Then the Lord answered me and said;
Write the vision
And make it plain upon tablets,
That he may run that readeth it.
Within a few weeks, our company will look and feel differently. Our Exec team is changing the ORG chart, policies, procedures, and even our culture and environment. And we are running hard right now.
It is amazing the energy that it takes to get us to the next level. I think it is easy to underestimate how much it can take out of you to get to the next destination.
And I have to keep reminding myself to stop and "smell the roses" because the journey is the thing that will be etched in our minds years from now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have never met Jacob Brewer and I probably never will. But we are loosely and distantly connected. A few weeks ago, Jacob got to ski on ...
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
This morning I woke up, took a shower, walked to the family room and sat in my favorite leather chair. The morning was calm and peaceful. ...
-
On Friday, I drove down to my parent's house to visit. The drive down is a drive that I used to take 30+ years ago and one that I used ...
-
Turn on the radio or the television and you are almost assured of getting a little depressed. Things are not exactly easy right now. The ec...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
-
I have lived through the real estate bubble, the dot.com technology bubble, and the stock market bubble. I am now convinced that the Keynes...
-
Last night, I was able to have some dialogue with a total stranger on FaceBook. I enjoyed it. We both had differing opinions but our conver...
-
At the request of my wife, I have not written a "political" blog for a few days. But I can't stay quiet any longer. Listenin...
-
Following are the first few paragraphs of the introduction of a book that I am trying to write about my grandfather. Whether or not the boo...
1 comment:
get after it bro.
~PJ
Post a Comment