Honestly, I just think I am worn out and too tired to go after it right now. I could write about the debt ceiling debacle, Obama's gaffes, the economy, or impending war between Isreal and Palestine. But tonight, I really can't muster the fortitude to fight the fight. And for me, there were other, more important things to do.
Instead of researching and writing, I spent some time with my son and his buddies. I was sitting at the picnic table with them and talking about what they want to do with their futures. It was fun, interesting, and enjoyable just to sit back and enjoy life for even just a few brief moments. It was good to have some company in Kentucky. It was good just to be together.
So for now, I am going to listen to the thunder roll. I am going to just relax and re-charge. Tomorrow is another day.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have never met Jacob Brewer and I probably never will. But we are loosely and distantly connected. A few weeks ago, Jacob got to ski on ...
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
This morning I woke up, took a shower, walked to the family room and sat in my favorite leather chair. The morning was calm and peaceful. ...
-
On Friday, I drove down to my parent's house to visit. The drive down is a drive that I used to take 30+ years ago and one that I used ...
-
Turn on the radio or the television and you are almost assured of getting a little depressed. Things are not exactly easy right now. The ec...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
-
Last night, I was able to have some dialogue with a total stranger on FaceBook. I enjoyed it. We both had differing opinions but our conver...
-
I have lived through the real estate bubble, the dot.com technology bubble, and the stock market bubble. I am now convinced that the Keynes...
-
At the request of my wife, I have not written a "political" blog for a few days. But I can't stay quiet any longer. Listenin...
-
Following are the first few paragraphs of the introduction of a book that I am trying to write about my grandfather. Whether or not the boo...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(329)
-
▼
July
(31)
- How to Lead
- Here Comes the Judge
- "It was something I experimented with in college"
- "Hope" was a Great Campaign Slogan
- Mr. President, You're No Reagan
- Political Smoke and Mirrors
- Tomatoes
- What's $2,000,000,000,000 Between Old Friends
- My Usual Sunday Morning Sermon Blog
- What makes a Leader?
- "There will always be some in the land who are poor"
- Recharging
- A Real Campfire Chronicle
- Pulling the String
- Elvis Has Left the Building
- L.O.L.
- We don't need increased taxes, we need more taxpay...
- Living in the Desert
- The Cat's in the Cradle
- Hoping for a Change
- An America whose Future is Greater than its Past
- Sunday Morning Message
- Jesus would ALLOW same sex marriage
- Spending Fourth of July Alone
- My Opinion of the Casey Anthony Trial
- Leading a Double Life
- A Personal Blog for My Boys
- Declaring Independence for our Nation
- A Leader without Title
- Service that Makes a Difference
- The A.C.O.R.N. doesn't fall far from the Tree
-
▼
July
(31)
1 comment:
Get you ass in gear and write something....no excuses!
Post a Comment