Honestly, sometimes I get sick of leadership talk. And honestly, sometimes I get sick of "work" talk. Sometimes I don't want to lead. Sometimes I don't want to focus. And I think that's OK.
Tonight I did the important things. My beautiful niece came over and we watched old videos together and we looked at her Mom and Dad's wedding album. I talked to my granddad, my dad and mom, my son, and my wife.
I played with the new technology that I just received and made a call to my dad's e-mail address on his computer while he watched me on facetime. I don't understand it but it really is cool.
I listened to my granddad tell me a story about snow in July of 1962 when he vacationed on the Continental Divide.
And my dad told me about the original 1903 Harley Davidson that he has a model of.
Tonight I laughed a lot. And I just relaxed. And I recharged my "batteries". And I think that's OK.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have never met Jacob Brewer and I probably never will. But we are loosely and distantly connected. A few weeks ago, Jacob got to ski on ...
-
This morning I woke up, took a shower, walked to the family room and sat in my favorite leather chair. The morning was calm and peaceful. ...
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
On Friday, I drove down to my parent's house to visit. The drive down is a drive that I used to take 30+ years ago and one that I used ...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
-
Last night, I was able to have some dialogue with a total stranger on FaceBook. I enjoyed it. We both had differing opinions but our conver...
-
Turn on the radio or the television and you are almost assured of getting a little depressed. Things are not exactly easy right now. The ec...
-
I have lived through the real estate bubble, the dot.com technology bubble, and the stock market bubble. I am now convinced that the Keynes...
-
This day, in 1796, George Washington officially announced for the first time that he was going to retire. The stories of Washington's c...
-
A re-post from a few months ago: I just started reading a book lately that I find very interesting. Necessary Endings makes the point th...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(329)
-
▼
November
(27)
- The Irony of the Modern day word X-Mas
- Angels
- Tis the Season
- The Crux of the Issue
- Thankful for Thanksgiving!
- You will be a Professional
- What Thanksgiving is All About
- Airport Comedy
- Busy Being Busy
- You Can't Judge a Book by It's Cover
- I Think That's OK
- Lessons from Southwest Airlines (sort of)
- What is Your Higher Purpose?
- Pruning
- Spencer's Birthday
- The American Soldier
- The Lack of Courage
- Grateful, Thankful, and Blessed!
- Winners Finish
- You'll Never be Great and Negative at the Same Time
- Being a Better Me
- Just Wondering
- People Pleasers Beware!
- Realistic Optimism
- Leading and Drafting
- I Can't Change Anyone
- Sweet Home Chicago
-
▼
November
(27)
1 comment:
Some day....
Post a Comment