This post is truly a campfire Chronicle. Thanks to technology, I am writing next to the warmth of a fire on a cool night in Chattanooga. The weekend has been filled with fun, family, and friends. The line, "Is this heaven? No this is Iowa" from the movie Field of Dreams comes to mind. Even with the natural chaos that comes with getting six families together, planning meals, and all of the activities, this weekend has been a great break from the norm and has been a small glimpse of heaven.
And it is the simple things I will remember from this weekend. Laughing until my stomach hurt, watching the young kids do simple things like shoot cans with a BB gun, and enjoying long conversations about anything and everything seem so simple but yet mean so much.
Unfortunately, I can see lightning in the distance and the "crew" is putting everything away, so I am cutting the blog short.
To everyone that I spent time with this weekend, "thank you". It has been fun and I look forward to many more times with you next to the campfire,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have never met Jacob Brewer and I probably never will. But we are loosely and distantly connected. A few weeks ago, Jacob got to ski on ...
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
On Friday, I drove down to my parent's house to visit. The drive down is a drive that I used to take 30+ years ago and one that I used ...
-
This morning I woke up, took a shower, walked to the family room and sat in my favorite leather chair. The morning was calm and peaceful. ...
-
Turn on the radio or the television and you are almost assured of getting a little depressed. Things are not exactly easy right now. The ec...
-
Last night, I was able to have some dialogue with a total stranger on FaceBook. I enjoyed it. We both had differing opinions but our conver...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
-
I have lived through the real estate bubble, the dot.com technology bubble, and the stock market bubble. I am now convinced that the Keynes...
-
At the request of my wife, I have not written a "political" blog for a few days. But I can't stay quiet any longer. Listenin...
-
Following are the first few paragraphs of the introduction of a book that I am trying to write about my grandfather. Whether or not the boo...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(329)
-
▼
September
(28)
- Troy Davis and Youcef Nafarkhani
- Good vs. Evil and Prayer
- The Republicans Got it Wrong
- Why Do I Do This??
- It's OK to Be Afraid
- With: Reimagining the Way You Relate to God
- Twitter Punking for the "Average Joe"
- What a Mess!!
- "It's Not Class Warfare, It's Math" . Really?
- No Dogs or Jews Allowed!!
- More Ammo for AttackWatch.com
- George Washington's Farewell Address
- Fear This
- Be like an Athlete
- Pat Robertson is Wrong
- Alex, Uncle Don and Aunt Jean
- The Common Man's Common Sense Job Plan
- Random Thoughts in my Brain
- By the Campfire
- Remembering
- Happy Birthday Granddad!!
- The Greatest Speech in the History of Mankind
- The Mellow Season of Autumn
- A Refreshing Lesson
- FDR: The Champion of Labor Day?
- Random Thoughts
- Flat Out, All In - A Life Lesson for My Sons
- Nice Bachelor Pad!
-
▼
September
(28)
No comments:
Post a Comment