What if we all cared deeply? I know it is a strange question, but, it is one that I think is worth thinking about. Caring deeply is another way of saying we are passionate. What if we all had a passion for the things we did, the community around us, the people we come in contact with, and, of course, our families?
Caring deeply, whether it is in business or your personal life, is the "thing" that creates action, creates teachable moments, improves the quality of a product or the time we spend with others, increases profit in a business and allows things to flow more smoothly within a family.
I worked for a man early in my career that started his company from a thesis he wrote in college. In a very short time, he was able to convince businesses to use his service, attract a very high caliber employee throughout his company, provide world-class service, and grow his business into a global phenomenum, which in turn made him a very wealthy man. What was the game-changer? This individual had a contagious passion that transformed his company from the very start. Employees wanted to be a part of his team, wanted to produce a high quality service, wanted to strive for excellence, and would do whatever was necessary (as long as it was moral and ethical) to make his company #1 in the world. This individual created a deeply loyal and passionate following with his team, his partners, and his customers.
Caring deeply for others, whether in your family or with your team at work, covers a whole laundry list of differences; personality differences, differences in IQ, and differences in skill sets. Passion is key in creating excellence, teamwork, and leadership.
Caring deeply works with your spouse, your child, your co-worker, and your customer. What if we all cared deeply? I'm not sure what our world would look like if we all cared deeply, but I think it is worth a try.
And caring deeply, being passionate, should start right now with you and with me. Let's make a difference!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Guest Blog from LeadershipFreak on Twitter: Malcolm Gladwell explains the deepest fear of all is being rejected by our peers – “social ris...
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
When I was in the 6th grade, I tried out for the 7th and 8th grade boys basketball team. In those days, K-6th attended one school, and the ...
-
We call him Charlie! Every room in our house that we spend time in is filled with "Charlie" stuff. There is no doubt when som...
-
Anonymous is a leaderless group initiating active civil disobedience via the internet. From it's early conception, members have acte...
-
This morning I woke up, took a shower, walked to the family room and sat in my favorite leather chair. The morning was calm and peaceful. ...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
-
A re-post from a few months ago: I just started reading a book lately that I find very interesting. Necessary Endings makes the point th...
-
I'll be 47 in late December and I have finally figured out that I have several "character flaws" ( I can hear my wife saying ...
-
Dear Lord, I want to know You and chase after You with everything that is in me, but I am a coward and my heart fears to give up it's t...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(329)
-
▼
October
(30)
- Be Mostly Average
- It's My "In-Between" Time
- What a Week!
- Creating a Legacy
- My Wish for You
- Lessons from the Yacht Trip
- What is your True Mission?
- To Truly Succeed, You Must Fail Well
- Are You a Cabbage?
- Losing my Marbles
- Cleaning out the "Compartments"
- Campground Memories
- A New Chapter in My Life
- What if We All Cared Deeply?
- RIP Dan Wheldon
- A Bowl of Happy
- Walking Under the Stars
- Seasons End
- Politically Zapped
- Why Are You in Business?
- Be Quiet
- Neutrinos: The "Usain Bolt" of Particles
- Obama's Moral Dilemna with Water and Lead
- Is Anonymous for Real?
- Is Oil Sustainable?
- The "Occupy Wall Street" Movement
- The Pre-DVR Life
- My Adult "Tent Fort"
- Un-churched and De-Churched
- Help! I Have a Ton of E-mails!!
-
▼
October
(30)
No comments:
Post a Comment