I really can't stand Kentucky. I spend quite a bit of time in the Commonwealth and I often complain about several things there. For example, the weather is a lot colder than Tennessee, the roads are rated among the most dangerous in America, and the high school drop-out rate is incredibly high. In addition, some of the people I work with are very peculiar. One person I know wont make right hand turns in her car. Another won't leave the small town my company is located in. By the way, did I mention I live in a 22 foot camper with no running water during the winter months?
So lately I have been thinking about my situation. All of the things I just mentioned are things that surround me. They are things that don't affect who I am, my worth as a husband, father, or friend. They are really just things that I see on the "outside". I am starting to realize that so many times the answer to whatever it is that may be at issue is within. We just need to stop and listen to our Inner Voice once in a while.
This year I am going to try and see my circumstances differently. I am going to view the old campground as my "fighters camp". My place to prepare and focus for what the future holds. I am going to reset my mind to really go deep into my heart and ask myself the hard questions and to prepare to be a champion in whatever my journey holds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
Guest Blog from LeadershipFreak on Twitter: Malcolm Gladwell explains the deepest fear of all is being rejected by our peers – “social ris...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
-
Five years ago, Dena and I hosted a "Showalter Reunion" in Tennessee. One of the things that we organized was a bus trip to Nashv...
-
I have lived through the real estate bubble, the dot.com technology bubble, and the stock market bubble. I am now convinced that the Keynes...
-
On Friday, I drove down to my parent's house to visit. The drive down is a drive that I used to take 30+ years ago and one that I used ...
-
I was at the airport this weekend. I know it may sound strange but I love being at the airport when I am not hurried and can take my time t...
-
Turn on the radio or the television and you are almost assured of getting a little depressed. Things are not exactly easy right now. The ec...
-
When I was in the 6th grade, I tried out for the 7th and 8th grade boys basketball team. In those days, K-6th attended one school, and the ...
-
We call him Charlie! Every room in our house that we spend time in is filled with "Charlie" stuff. There is no doubt when som...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(329)
-
▼
January
(26)
- Secretariat and Joshy
- Choices in Moments in Time
- I am FAT
- Random Thoughts for the Week
- Heather Miller
- 650 Days
- The Strong Man
- My boys, Frodo and Sam
- Rides with Grandpa
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
- My Prayer
- Just an ordinary day
- Josiah's Son
- I miss Ronnie
- The Sales Farmer
- Starry, Starry Night
- Outliers
- Hero
- Arizona vs. New York
- Elvis Lives
- The REAL Unemployment Headlines
- Jumpin on the bandwagon
- Zero Regrets
- The "Blue"Grass State
- Dick Proenneke
- Happy New Year!
-
▼
January
(26)
No comments:
Post a Comment