In a matter of half an hour today, Spencer's band went from being rated #1 in the nation (in the college battle of the bands contest) to not even being on the screen. What a shame. It is very apparent that the bands that were getting beaten by The WhiteWall Gentlemen decided to sabotage the results and vote a low number for them. The contest now feels like a contest to see who can sabotage the results more so than who has good musical skill. And the band just keeps dropping in numbers everytime I check back.
But the band should keep their heads up. They were on top and got taken out because they were the best in the nation. It would have been a nice "trophy" to have, but I don't think it will matter in the long run.
I spoke to Spencer and told him that he is learning a good "life" lesson. The lesson is that you have to do the best that you can do and then be content that you have given it your all. If you go to bed at night and lay your head on the pillow and know that you have left no stone unturned and have given 100%, that's all you can do. Obviously, The WhiteWall Gentlemen have no control over other bands in New York or Boston or Seattle. Or their attempts to sabotage the band. They just need to keep producing their music and keep working hard to promote their band.
I just need to heed my own advice now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Guest Blog from LeadershipFreak on Twitter: Malcolm Gladwell explains the deepest fear of all is being rejected by our peers – “social ris...
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
When I was in the 6th grade, I tried out for the 7th and 8th grade boys basketball team. In those days, K-6th attended one school, and the ...
-
We call him Charlie! Every room in our house that we spend time in is filled with "Charlie" stuff. There is no doubt when som...
-
I posted the picture of four generations of Martins at Christmas on facebook and got several wonderful comments from friends and family. Ma...
-
I have lived through the real estate bubble, the dot.com technology bubble, and the stock market bubble. I am now convinced that the Keynes...
-
Anonymous is a leaderless group initiating active civil disobedience via the internet. From it's early conception, members have acte...
-
On Friday, I drove down to my parent's house to visit. The drive down is a drive that I used to take 30+ years ago and one that I used ...
-
This morning I woke up, took a shower, walked to the family room and sat in my favorite leather chair. The morning was calm and peaceful. ...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(329)
-
▼
March
(31)
- The Real Deal - "Papa" Dale
- Syria's Turmoil
- The Old Silver Fox
- Tough Life Lessons
- Doing Nothing Special
- Obama's War
- Wake Up Men
- The Healing Foods Eating Plan
- Obamacare's First Anniversary
- Obama's Foreign Policy
- Now is the Time
- Charles Joshua Dale Martin
- The Underdog
- The Miracle of Work and Common Sense
- Thoughts by the Fire at the Camp
- Truth or Consequences
- I'll have 40 Snickers Bars Please
- My Brother
- Is Heaven for Real?
- The Question
- Johnny Appleseed Day
- My "Nuclear" Political Rant
- What's Your Story?
- My book
- Mardi Gras, Muslims and me
- Can we make a difference?
- Getting back in the game
- The Old Man and the Sea
- Disney in Spring Hill, TN??
- It's a Wonderful Life
- Their words, not mine
-
▼
March
(31)
No comments:
Post a Comment