This past week was a good week. Nothing special. Nothing really planned. Just time together. Relaxing, doing some chores and just spending time together.
Josh and I started off the week by going to the Corvette plant on his birthday. We both really liked it. The absolute coolest part was at the end of the tour when a Corvette went screaming by us, revving his engine, and giving a show to all Corvette lovers.
And then throughout the week, we spent a good amount of time at the track and at the gym. Josh used the week to build his stamina and strength for May when it counts. The meet on Saturday was not Josh's best effort, due to soreness and tiredness, however his times were respectable and he learned a valuable lesson about long-term goals and giving up immediate glory for long-term results.
We also had a few opportunities to meet up with Spencer and have a couple of meals together. Spencer also went to Josh's track meet to support him. As I write this blog, Spencer's band, The WhiteWall Gentlemen, is rated number one in the nation in a college battle of the bands concert. Way to go guys!
Along with the small chores and "honey-do's", Dena and I spent time time relaxing and simply spending time together. Sometimes it's just good to unwind.
But, despite the fact that this week was not spectacular by any means, it was still an enjoyable week. I loved spending time with my family. I enjoyed working together. And I feel a great sense of pride when the boys use their talents and do well. And sometimes I wonder if God feels the same way about us.
I think He does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Guest Blog from LeadershipFreak on Twitter: Malcolm Gladwell explains the deepest fear of all is being rejected by our peers – “social ris...
-
Nearly four years ago, I accepted an offer to go to work in Kentucky for a friend. And things were not what I had envisioned. At his recom...
-
When I was in the 6th grade, I tried out for the 7th and 8th grade boys basketball team. In those days, K-6th attended one school, and the ...
-
Some people inspire us to be better. Abraham Lincoln. Lou Gehrig. Martin Luther King. Todd Beamer. Ronald Reagan. Jackie Robinson. Harr...
-
I have lived through the real estate bubble, the dot.com technology bubble, and the stock market bubble. I am now convinced that the Keynes...
-
Anonymous is a leaderless group initiating active civil disobedience via the internet. From it's early conception, members have acte...
-
This morning I woke up, took a shower, walked to the family room and sat in my favorite leather chair. The morning was calm and peaceful. ...
-
A re-post from a few months ago: I just started reading a book lately that I find very interesting. Necessary Endings makes the point th...
-
We all need some good news these days. It has been doom and gloom, well, since shortly after our current president took office. So, here i...
-
For those of you that aren't track and field fans, Usain Bolt is the fastest man ever in the history of mankind. So, neutrinos are defi...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(329)
-
▼
March
(31)
- The Real Deal - "Papa" Dale
- Syria's Turmoil
- The Old Silver Fox
- Tough Life Lessons
- Doing Nothing Special
- Obama's War
- Wake Up Men
- The Healing Foods Eating Plan
- Obamacare's First Anniversary
- Obama's Foreign Policy
- Now is the Time
- Charles Joshua Dale Martin
- The Underdog
- The Miracle of Work and Common Sense
- Thoughts by the Fire at the Camp
- Truth or Consequences
- I'll have 40 Snickers Bars Please
- My Brother
- Is Heaven for Real?
- The Question
- Johnny Appleseed Day
- My "Nuclear" Political Rant
- What's Your Story?
- My book
- Mardi Gras, Muslims and me
- Can we make a difference?
- Getting back in the game
- The Old Man and the Sea
- Disney in Spring Hill, TN??
- It's a Wonderful Life
- Their words, not mine
-
▼
March
(31)
No comments:
Post a Comment